PhD student in Plant Pathology στη Νορβηγία
PhD student in Plant Pathology in Norway
The Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research (NIBIO) was established 1 July 2015 and is one of Norway’s largest research institutes. NIBIO’s activities lie within agriculture, food, climate and the environment. The Institute conducts research and management support, and provides knowledge for use in national preparedness, governmental and district management, industry, and the society at large. NIBIO has approximately 700 employees present in all parts of the country. Its main office is located at Ås in Akershus. NIBIO is owned by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
The Division of Biotechnology and Plant Health has Norway’s core scientific expertise in plant and forest health serving agriculture, forestry, government and the general public. The division is using biotechnology to diagnose, map and combat plant diseases, pests and weeds. Other key areas of expertise include pesticide and natural substance chemistry, genetics, aquatic and terrestrial bioprospecting, macroalgae, and non-food plants.
PhD student in Plant Pathology
At Division of Biotechnology and Plant Health, Department of Fungal Diseases at Ås, Norway, there is a vacant three-year position as PhD student in the project "Resistance against pesticides: Mutation, selection and spread (RESISTOPP)". The project is a strategic institute commitment that includes several departments of NIBIO and foreign research institutions. The student will follow an educational program at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU), ending up with a PhD degree within the three years of employment at NIBIO. Candidates for the position must fulfill the requirements to be inaugurated as a PhD student at NMBU.
The student will work with fungicide resistance in grey mould (Botrytis) in horticultural crops. There will be epidemiological and population genetic studies, and the work will take place under field and laboratory conditions. This work will be an important contribution to NIBIOs knowledge base and research capacity in pesticide resistance.
We are looking for a highly qualified person that can
- Initiate and perform research under field and laboratory conditions
- Develop collaborative networks with research and industry nationally and internationally
- Develop the ability to publish own research in writing and orally
- An MSc degree in plant pathology, molecular biology, microbiology, or similar
- Experience with molecular techniques is advantageous
- Good skills in English writing and oral communication. Good writing/speaking abilities in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is advantageous
- Good abilities to work independently and take the initiative
- Good collaborative skills
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Result oriented
- Interest for research
Salary and benefits
- The position as PhD fellow is remunerated according to the Norwegian State Salary Scale, in code 1017, salary grade 50-60 (NOK 432.300 - 515.600 per year), commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which includes a good occupational pension scheme, occupational injury and group life insurance, and low-interest home loans.
- In accordance with the Norwegian Civil Service equal opportunities policy, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply - regardless of age, gender, functional disabilities or national or ethnic background.
- We would like to point out that information about applicants may be subject to public disclosure, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (Offentlighetsloven), Section 25. An applicant can request to be exempted from inclusion on a public list of applicants. If the request for confidentiality is denied, the applicant will be notified thereof.
- Research scientist Gunn Mari Strømeng, telephone +47 993 60 609 (project leader)
- Professor Arne Stensvand, telephone +47 911 83430
- Professor May Bente Brurberg, telephone +47 926 09 364
Please send your application with CV electronically via the link on this page.
Submit as electronical attachments: Relevant diplomas and certificates, as well as any publication list.
If you need assistance, filling in your application or CV on the website or general questions regarding the system, you can call Jobbborge at: +47 75 54 22 20.